Football season is about to kick-off and we know you are looking forward to a full season of tailgating for all of your team’s games. Here are some fun things to do so your tailgate is as fun as the game itself!
- Tossing a football is one of the easiest things to do at a tailgate and can involve a lot of people. Stop in your campus bookstore to pick up a spirited football before the next big game. Just be careful not to hit anyone!
- I have come to consider Cornhole a staple of any tailgate. Cornholehowto.com offers a user-friendly guide to building your own set, including the bean bags. Decals are available at many campus bookstores which can be used to customize your set for your school. Remember to share pictures of your completed set with us!
- Ladder Ball is another popular tailgate game. JustBuildStuff.com shares instructions for constructing the ladder portion of the game out of PVC pipes. You can pick up golf balls in your school’s colors to make the part you toss, called the bolas.
- Get decked out to show off your school spirit. Many campus bookstores have face paint, stickers, beads, hair accessories, and leis, among other accessories, to help you show your pride for big games. Stock up on these festive items and share with fellow tailgaters.
- No tailgate is complete without food! Burgers, sandwiches, chips, cookies – we’re a fan of all sorts of tailgate foods. Have a list prepared ahead of time so everyone knows what they can contribute to make every tailgate great!
What games do you like to play during a tailgate? Share your favorite activity with us in the comments below!