Food, fun and friends are the recipe for the perfect tailgate, but you’ll need a few other essentials to ensure a good time. Check-off all the items on our list and your tailgate will be nothing short of amazing!
- Stay cool in the shade with a tailgate-perfect tent. You can find out if your campus bookstore has one for your school here.
- Bring a grill and take turns cooking burgers, hot dogs, chicken or veggies. Get even more creative with your food selection by cooking chili ahead of time, and then use the grill to warm it up before the game.
- Have a cooler stocked with ice, water and soda for hot game days. It will also keep all of your food cool before you cook it.
- Activities are sometimes the best part of a tailgate! Get ideas for great ways to spend your time here.
- Speakers for your iPod or MP3 player will keep you from draining your car’s battery to play music. Create a playlist ahead of time with your friends and pack extra batteries so you’ll never be without tunes.
What do you think is an essential part of your tailgating experience? Share what you won’t leave home without in the comments below!