We’re here to present you with a twist on the traditional photo frame! With our DIY guide, you’ll be able to put plenty of your favorite photographs on display, without having to find space for all of the frames. Inspired by string-up lights, this new decoration will add a personalized touch to your dorm. A few materials and some creativity on your part is all you need!
What You’ll Need:
1 Roll of twine or string
Clothespins, one for each photo
Paint (acrylic should work fine, I like to use a bright color!)
What You’ll Do:
1) Determine the number of photos you plan to hang up and count out the clothes pins you’ll need accordingly. Paint your first coat on the clothes pin (you may have to leave one side unpainted, for drying purposes) and let dry.
2) While the pins are drying, decide where you want to hang your photos and cut the string or twine a little longer than you’ll need. Next, cut two more pieces (the same length). If you don’t want the string pulled taut, cut a few inches extra so it will hang more loosely.
3) Paint a second (and third if you feel necessary) coat on the pins, until it is as opaque as you would like. Let dry.
4) Knot the 3 pieces of string at one end and braid the rest together. Knot at the other end and trim the excess.
5) Using the clothes pins, evenly space the photos along the string.
Feel free to put your own spin on our suggestions! If you come up with other creative ideas for your dorm, or just want to ask a question – post a comment below!