You did it! You finally landed that interview you’ve been hoping for and…now what? Once you’re done reveling in the excitement, it’s time to start getting prepared. If you’re well prepped for your interview, chances are, it will go more smoothly. How exactly should you get ready? We’ve got just the advice you need!
Do Your Research
– Browse the company’s website. Check out their mission, their products, their employees…whatever you can find. The more you know, the more you’ll be able to connect.
– Check the news. Find out what’s going on with the company externally. This can help you formulate some questions and show your interest in the company.
– Research the industry. Find out trends and changes that are taking place within the industry you hope to enter.
Prepare Some Answers
– Look up common interview questions and have your answers prepared. Expand upon your resume and determine how you’ll present your skills and abilities as an asset to the company. Have examples ready!
Pull Together a Few Questions
– Nearly EVERY interview ends with the usual “Do you have any questions?” Make sure you have some prepared (and feel free that ask any that come to mind during the interview).
– Feel free to ask about the company or the industry. Both will show that you’re interested and serious. Need further clarification on an aspect of the job? Don’t hesitate to ask (avoid asking about benefits and compensation until you’ve been hired, however).
Confirm the Details
– The day of the interview is not the time to just “wing it.” Make sure you know ALL of the following:
3) Location within the building (floor, office number, etc)
4) Name of the Interviewer and their phone number (just in case)
Pick an Outfit
– Have everything picked out, cleaned, ironed, and ready to go the night before your interview. Don’t risk a possible wardrobe hiccup!
– Need help deciding on an ensemble? Check out our Interview Attire article! We’ve got you covered.
You’re all ready for your big interview. Have any more advice you want us to share? Post a comment below!