The New Year is always so full of hope that we can make positive changes and be the best versions of ourselves all year long. But when it comes down to it, the struggle is actually pretty real.
1. It’s January 1st, and you’ve made the confident decision to better yourself.
2. The motivation is strong. You’ll basically do anything to get to your goal, even if it’s outside of your comfort zone.
3. And once you get started you realize, “Hey, maybe I can actually do this!”
4. You start seeing some progress, and you feel pretty darn proud of it.
5. You secretly hope someone notices your new lifestyle because it gives you an excuse to brag a bit.
6. Come to think of it, you really do feel like a brand new person.
7. You deserve a cheat day after all that progress, right?
8. Maybe two cheat days. Who’s even counting?
9. And after a long night, it’s not a big deal if you sleep in and skip the gym.
10. Maybe you’ll just start fresh again next week.
11. At this point, the thought of someone asking about your resolution makes you nauseous.
12. No one can know you’ve fallen off track.
13. But, eventually you accept that your resolution may have been too big.
14. Oh well. There’s always next year, right?