Fall is the most underrated season. With school work starting to pick up and the weather cooling down a bit, a lot of people forget about all of the fun things there are to do! Here is a list of exciting activities for the upcoming autumn months:
1. Pick-Up Games – Frisbee, Wiffle Ball, and even kickball, are great ways to get outside and be active before the weather gets too cold. Games like these are also great ways to meet new people, as those walking around on campus often ask to join in. My roommates and I used to play tennis after class and, though we were terrible, we always had a blast on the courts!
2. Apple-Picking – Maybe it’s because it makes me feel like a kid again or maybe it’s just the satisfying feeling of returning home with 10 pounds of apples, but apple-picking is one of my favorite autumnal activities. Friends, fruit, and fall weather…there really is nothing better.
3. School Sporting Events – Whether you prefer football or soccer, the Fall Semester is prime time for school sporting events. Tailgating is a great way to show your school spirit and have some fun at the same time. Grab your college apparel and some friends and get over to the stadium!
4. Hikes – In fall, the trees become their most vibrant while the weather stays mild, making it the perfect time for a hike. Bring some friends, a camera, and a picnic lunch and you have the whole day laid out for you! You can look up trails online or simply ask around.
5. Outdoor Concerts – While lots of people think of summer as the usual time for outdoor concerts, lots of bands continue to tour straight into the fall. Plus, lawn seats are often just as much fun and cost far less money than “indoor seating.” One of my fondest memories of college was a concert my friends and I went to in late September. All we needed were sweatshirts to wear once the sun went down and a blanket to sit on if we got tired of dancing!
There are plenty more fun fall activities! What are your favorites? Tell us in the comments below.
~ by Sandra Webb, Blogger Extraordinaire