Influenced by all the spring cleaning going on around me, I decided to set my organizational sights on something often overlooked by even the neatest of neat freaks: my make-up bag. I was able to toss a few old items (bye bye, two year old blush brush), as well as some less desirable options (anybody need sparkly lime-green eyeshadow?). A good number of items, however, did make my cosmetic cut. Keep reading to find out what staples I keep in my makeup bag!
1. CoverGirl Professional Loose Powder – The perfect way to look like you’re not wearing makeup (even when you are). It keeps my face from getting shiny, but is so light that it doesn’t look caked on.
2. Goody Bobby Pins
– I always keep a few on hand in case a stray hair gets in my eyes. These work well for fancier updo’s too!
3. Avon 12-in-1 Color Palette
– The shimmery shadows range from an ethereal white to a vibrant pink to a shadowy black. The colors all mix and match so I can build any look I want.
6. e.l.f. Liquid Eyeliner (black)
– When I’m feeling dramatic (makeup-wise, I mean) or just want to make sure my eyeliner stays put, I instantly grab this liner. The applicator makes it easy to put on so don’t worry if you’re not an expert with liquid liner.
CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Blasting Mascara
7.CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Blasting Mascara (Black) – My all-time favorite beauty product! I have been OBSESSED with this mascara since it first appeared on shelves. It instantly makes my blonde lashes look longer and darker but doesn’t get clumpy like other brands.
8. Avon Glimmerstick (Sugar Plum)
– This shimmery, purple eyeliner goes on easy but makes a big impact. I love wearing it during a night out with friends. It’s a nice alternative to black liner.
9. ChapStick Lip Shield –
There is no greater annoyance than chapped lips. Keep the sunlight out and the moisture in with this balm.
There you have it – your sneak peek into the mysterious world of my
Were any of your favorites on here? Share your go-to items in the comments below!