Labor Day means a lot of different things for people. For some, it signifies the end of the summer season. For others, it’s the ultimate acknowledgement of the American workforce. Whatever meaning it holds for you, why not enjoy the day with a treat that deserves a celebration in itself? These Patriotic Popsicles are healthy, delicious, and come as a swirled mixture of red, white, and blue.
1 cup of strawberries
1 ¾ cup blueberries
1 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup of honey
6 Popsicle molds (or 6 Dixie cups and Popsicle sticks will work fine)
1) Rinse the blueberries and strawberries.
2) Puree each fruit separately.
3) Stir 2 tablespoons of honey into the blueberry mixture and 1 tablespoon into the strawberry mixture.
4) Put the cup of yogurt into a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of honey. Now you have the red, white, and blue components.
5) Now you will begin making the actual popsicles. First, spoon the blueberry mixture into the bottom of each mold (or cup). Freeze for 30 minutes.
6) Add the yogurt layer and freeze for another 30 minutes.
7) Insert the stick (the handle) and top off with the strawberry layer. Freeze for several hours.
Yum! What are your favorite recipes for Labor Day Weekend?