When I found out it was National Peach Month I had to write about it because I LOVE peaches. Interestingly enough, the holiday was founded on March 16, 1982 by President Ronald Reagan. He made it very clear the holiday was all about adding nutritious fruits to your every day diet. Check below for some interesting fun facts about why we love these juicy fruits:
- Peaches are only 39 calories! They have no saturated fats and contain healthy vitamins and minerals. They’re perfect for a guilt-free afternoon snack.
- Fresh peaches are a great source of antioxidants and vitamin C. Vitamin C helps your immune system fight off infections.
- Peaches also are a good source of vitamin A. Vitamin A helps keep your vision in tiptop shape.
Want to incorporate some fresh peaches into a fun dish? Try out this delicious Peach Salsa we found on Allrecipes.com:
What You’ll Need:
- 6 fresh peaches (peeled, pitted and chopped)
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 ounce crystallized ginger
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
What You’ll Do:
In a medium bowl, mix together peaches, orange marmalade, green onions, cider vinegar, crystallized ginger and sugar. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Peaches have never sounded more delicious. What are some of your favorite fruits?
Written by Guest Blogger, Myles Marcus