Decorating your room is easily the most fun part of move in day. The right décor is what can turn any dorm or apartment into something unique and personal to you. With the new school year fast approaching, we decided to try out a simple DIY photo canvas tutorial, so that you can add some easy aesthetic to your space. Voilà!
- Any size canvas (we chose an 8×10)
- Sponge paint brush
- Matte Mod Podge
- X-acto knife or scissors
- Any color paint (we chose black)
- A blown up photo print (make sure to match your canvas size!)
- Set up your work station with your blank canvas, knife, Mod Podge, and paint.
- Print out your photo on photo paper. Make sure to match the size of your canvas and allow the ink to dry completely before moving on to step 3. Trim any excess white edges.
- Spread a thin layer of Mod Podge across the entire front surface of the canvas.
- Place your photo faced down, and then press the Mod Podge covered side of the canvas on top. Apply pressure and allow to dry. Trim any excess edges.
- Spread another thin layer of Mod Podge on top of the photo. This will make it appear less glossy and more like a canvas photo. Allow to dry.
- Complete the look by painting the edges of your canvas in the color of your choice. Allow to dry.
When you’re done, your canvas should look something like this!
We want to see your canvases! Snap a pic on Instagram and make sure to tag us – @bncollege.