“Adulting” is quite the roller coaster. One minute you’re running errands and trying pay your credit card bill, and the next minute you’re watching Netflix with a roll of cookie dough. The truth is, no one transitions to adulthood with the snap of the fingers. We all face struggles a little something like this…
1. Having to call and make your own appointments against your will.
2. Trying to pretend you understand terms like “debt consolidation” and “variable interest rate.”
3. Shopping for food and cleaning supplies rather than clothes and shoes.
4. Attempting to cook a healthy meal rather than indulging on fast food again.
5. Then after cooking, remembering that doing dishes is a thing.
6. Figuring out how to get laundry done by yourself on a regular basis.
7. Realizing you can’t just decide to skip your job or internship whenever you want.
8. Actually getting a paycheck, but then remembering your student loans.
9. Calling it a night before midnight when you have responsibilities first thing in the morning.
10. And finally, that dreaded introduction to the world of paying bills.